Weight management specialists are in high demand and as cases of obesity and diabetes increase, the market will continue to expand. On this highly specialist course, you'll learn how to develop tailored programmes that can save people from an unhealthy lifestyle and increase their life expectancy. Having this qualification will make you more employable, giving you the potential to earn more.
The benefits of taking this course
- You'll be able to broaden your client base
- This will open up opportunities at more clubs and centres
- You'll be taught by industry experts
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
This intensive course will give you the necessary skills to start your career as an Obesity and Diabetes Specialist.
- Format: Classroom based (a mixture of theory and practical)
- Duration: 4 days plus 1 day assessment
The Level 4 Obesity and Diabetes qualification is vital if you wish to progress to a career within exercise referral fitness. This course will teach you everything you need to know about the causes for weight related diseases and how to combat them with exercise and a long-term plan for behaviour change. Lessons will include:
- The definitions of obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome and the associated diseases.
- The causes behind the rise in obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- Treatments for obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- How to design, deliver, review and adapt a weight management programme.
- Deliver group weight management classes for individuals with obesity, diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- Implement long-term behaviour change strategies.
Your assessment will take place on 1 day and will be a mixture of theory and practical work.
- Case study
- Theory paper
- YMCA Awards Level 4 Certificate in Weight Management for Individuals with Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus and/or Metabolic Syndrome
- 20 REPs points
- 10 CIMSPA points
- Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral or,
- Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral and Level 3 Exercise Nutrition
- 150 hours of relevant professional practice
- At least 6 months of work experience at Level 3 in designing, delivering, monitoring, and adapting exercise programmes for individuals (within the past two years). For example, Personal Training.
You’ll need to provide details of this in your CV and employer reference letter.
*If you have completed a Wright Foundation Exercise Referral course before January 2010, you may be required to complete assessments for the Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral (DEXR).
Call us on 020 3574 4794 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay a deposit of £125. The deposit is refunded on receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will receive funding for the full price of your course.