As an experienced fitness enthusiast, the next step in your career could be teaching a new generation of instructors. With the teaching skills you'll learn on this course, you'll be the one introducing students to the fitness industry and kickstarting their careers. You will learn how to engage and motivate a class and take them from fitness novices to experts. This qualification is a great way to boost your income as you can practise it around your current job or take it on as a full-time role.
The benefits of taking this course
- You will be taught by our highly qualified and experienced tutors
- You'll have access to first-class eLearning resources
- Suitable for individuals who do not hold a fitness related qualification
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
This is an theory only module which means all theory learning is to be completed from home via our eLearning website, but your exam will be held in a classroom.
- Price: £399
- Format: Online home study* (theory)
- Duration: You can do this at your own pace within 6 months.
You will be given the necessary skills and teaching methods to run your own classes for new instructors. Lessons will include:
- The role and responsibilities of a teacher in education and training.
- Key legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice.
- How to promote equality and value diversity.
- How to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches.
- How to engage and motivate learners.
- The methods of assessment used in education and training.
- Constructive feedback in assessment processes.
- BKSB test
- Practical teaching and review - you'll be required to bring one helper.
- Knowledge questions
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- 20 REPs points
- 10 CIMSPA points
- Aged 16 or above
- Literacy, language, ICT and numeracy skills using an online BKSB test - to be completed after enrolling on this course.
Call us on 020 3574 4794 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.