The Kids’ Fitness Dance course is ideal for anyone interested in running health-related exercise sessions for children, those already running sessions but without a formal qualification and current fitness instructors wanting to deliver fitness and activity sessions to children. If we want to tackle the growing problem of obesity amongst children we need to find activities kids’ will really enjoy.
Format: A mix of classroom-based learning and home study.
Duration: 4 days practical plus hand-in assessment (submitted via DVD).
Must book a minimum of 6 weeks in advance to allow enough to complete the theory learning online ready to sit the exams on the practical attendance days.
Please note: If you already have a Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology qualification, you will only need to take the practical units on this course and assessments. The price is cheaper and shown as 'practical module' in the location and dates section. We can chat more about this at the time of booking.
What you will learn
- To identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body.
- To explain the workings of the body’s cardiovascular and energy systems.
- To identify the components and principles of fitness.
- To relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to working with kids.
- To identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity.
- To demonstrate good personal techniques and form when teaching a session.
- To plan and teach safe and effective kids’ exercise and activity sessions appropriate to their age group with kids’ dance activities.
- To identify the physiological changes that occur during a child’s development, and demonstrate how this will affect your planning and delivery of children’s sessions.
- To identify and deliver adaptations and modifications for different conditions and abilities.
How you will be assessed
- Multiple choice theory papers
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise and Physical Activity for Children)
- 20 REPs points / Entry to REPs at Level 2
- 10 CIMSPA points
- Anyone over age 16
Call us on 0844 417 2349 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.