Our 8 day Sports Massage diploma will give you the skills you need to help individuals prepare for sports and fitness activities and to aid their recovery. With a growing number of people including fitness and sports in their everyday lives, there is an increasing demand for the benefits associated with sports massage. This includes decreased muscle soreness, increased range of movement and improved performance.
This CIMSPA accredited level 3 qualification, also known as deep tissue massage, can be used to help clients that are looking to minimise or recover from soft tissue dysfunction and injury, and assist in their rehabilitation by eradicating aches and pains and help ease away stress.
Whether you are embarking on a new career as a sports massage therapist, or looking to extend your massage offering you will find this course can stand alone or compliment your current skills.
This course can also give established personal trainers and fitness instructors the skills to treat pre-, inter-and post-event as well as maintenance treatments, develop knowledge of the lymphatic system and practical consultation training.
Our Diploma in Sports Massage will educate and empower you to gain employment and obtain insurance, whether that is in your own practice, or working as an employed or self-employed therapist. This course will provide you with the skills to work alongside physiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths within sports massage and osteopathic clinics as well as working in sporting and fitness venues or even working delivering therapy sessions at clients homes.
The skills you will learn will also benefit cognitive therapies by promoting a feeling of well-being and also it has been widely recognised as being beneficial within palliative care.
- Take part in inspiring practical workshops and engaging theory throughout the course with treatments from your peers in order to learn the skills and knowledge on which to build a longstanding career.
- Taught by experienced and industry qualified tutors who will provide guidance and support throughout the course
- All equipment and massage oils are provided
- Graduates can claim a discount on massage starter packs from Physique, a leading sports injury treatment product supplier.
Offer and payment options
- 0% finance available - spread the cost with interest free monthly payments
- Get 10% when you pay in full at least 2 months before the start date
- Format: Classroom based learning
- Includes online learning to support the classroom-based sessions for anatomy and physiology. This means you can start your studies immediately.
- 8 days (including assessment day)
What you will learn
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Professional practice in sports massage
- The principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Fundamentals of sports massage treatments
- Client assessment
- Applying sports massage treatments
- Pre and Post event and maintenance sports massage treatments
How you will be assessed
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Short answers theory paper
- Observed treatment session (x3)
Please note that you will be required to bring one participant with you for your assessment.
What you qualify with
This course is accredited and endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) and will give you a total of:
- 10 CIMSPA points
The certificates you will receive are:
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
This course is supported by:
- Skills for Health (SfH)
- General Council for Massage Therapy
- Sports Massage Association
- Sports Therapy Organisation
- LCSP Register of Remedial Masseurs & Manipulative Therapists
Who can do this course
- Anyone over 16
- Must be fit enough to perform sports massage
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay an upfront payment of £250 which is refunded upon receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will receive funding for the full price of your course.