The Diploma in Exercise Referral teaches you to use exercise as a tool to get client’s lives back on track after an illness and improve their wellbeing. With the growing number of referral schemes from GPs, local authorities and the private sector, this specialism is not only high in demand, but highly rewarding and profitable. This course will train you to adapt and deliver exercise and healthy eating programmes for different health conditions. You will become an expert in the exercise referral process, while also learning about the UK health care system.
The benefits of taking this course
- You'll adapt your routines for a broader client base
- You'll have the potential to earn more
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- Internationally recognised qualification
You may wish to study the Diploma in Exercise Referral whilst staying within full-time employment. With this in mind, we offer classroom-based learning mixed with home study to reduce the number of days that you are required to attend.
- Format: Classroom-based learning and home study
- Duration: 4 days and 1 day assessment
Please note: If you already have Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology (QCF) and Level 3 Applying the Principle of Nutrition to Physical Activity (QCF) qualifications, you will only need to take the practical units of this course and assessments. The price is cheaper and shown as 'practical module' in the location and dates section. We can chat more about this at the time of booking.
What you will learn
- How to apply appropriate exercise strategies to different medical conditions.
- Understanding a range of common medical conditions and how they affect exercise. Common medical conditions include: Asthma, Diabetes (Type 1 and 2) Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoporosis, Obesity, Depression and Stress.
- The current health care system in the UK and the referral process, including referrals to other professionals.
- How to apply the principles of healthy eating to a range of medical conditions.
- How to communicate with and support clients effectively.
- Adapting and delivering exercise plans for a range of medical conditions
What you need to do this course
At least 30 hours of teaching experience and one of the following:
- Level 2 Gym or Exercise to Music
- Level 3 Yoga or Pilates
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
How you are assessed
There are 2 assessment days, with a mixture of theory and practical work.
- Medical condition information sheets
- Case study and verbal assessment
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- 20 REPs points
- 10 CIMSPA points
Call us on 0844 417 2349 (Local rate) to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay a deposit of £125. The deposit is refunded on receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will receive funding for the full price of your course.