Swimming is a dynamic but repetitive sport that requires a functional approach to movement training. To optimise strength and power, all swimmers could benefit from dryland training to supplement their pool workouts. Prepared by the experts at Merrithew™, this workshop incorporates the CORE Foundational Principles with swim specific exercises that strengthen the core in order to connect the upper and lower body for improved efficiency in the water. This programming is beneficial to swimmers across a range of ages and abilities, those with injuries or degenerative conditions, pregnant women, and beginner to serious athletes.
Sign up for notificationsArray
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Understand basic swim mechanics and list issues common to training swimmers
- Apply the CORE Principles of training to specific movements specific to swimmers
- Know how to apply proper exercises based on the movement patterns required
- Learn programming appropriate for improving swimming performance and to prevent injuries
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
- 2 REPs points
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.