The CORE™ Program is all about training intelligently and focusing on form, execution and excellence in coaching and cueing. Distance running demands not only endurance, but tremendous amounts of lower body stability, strength and power, balanced upper body strength and enduring core stability and strength. This workshop, created by the Merrithew™ team, builds on the knowledge learned in Level 1 and features a dynamic functional warm up to prepare the body for performance, improve joint stability and mobility and enhance running efficiency. Then, targeted exercises will develop upper body, lower body and core stability and strength to improve power production. Finally, jump training and plyometrics will work on power, work capacity and agility.
Sign up for notificationsArray
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Discuss the training protocols most appropriate for distance runners
- Explore the CORE Principles of training and discover how they can be implemented in training circuits
- Learn how warm ups and cool downs can help prevent injury, speed recovery and increase flexibility
- Discover how to manipulate training variables to best suit individual athletes and training goals
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
- 2 REPs points
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0203 944 2533 (Local rate) to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
™/ ® Trademark or registered trademark of Merrithew corporation, used under licence.