Our Level 2 Aqua Training course provides an entry into the fitness industry for those whose interests or background lead them in the direction of the pool, rather than the gym or studio. This course is an excellent addition for Personal Trainers who want to give their clients an opportunity to train in water and teach groups or individuals who may feel more comfortable in the water.
The benefits of taking this course
- 0% finance available - spread the cost with interest free monthly payments
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- You'll have access to discounted equipment
- Format: A mix of classroom-based learning and home study.
- Duration: 3 days practical
Must book a minimum of 6 weeks in advance to allow enough to complete the theory learning online ready to sit the exams on the practical attendance days.
Please note: If you already have a Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology qualification, you will only need to take the practical units on this course and assessments. The price is cheaper and shown as 'practical module' in the location and dates section. We can chat more about this at the time of booking.
What you will learn
- To identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body
- To explain the workings for the body's cardiovascular and energy systems
- To identify the components and principles of fitness
- To relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to the pool environment
- To identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity
- To demonstrate good personal techniques and form when teaching a session
- To plan, teach and evaluate an effective aqua workout
- To teach a range of water-based workouts (with or without music)
- To discuss practical application relating to the use of water-based exercise sessions
- To identify theory of water-based exercise sessions
How you will be assessed
- Multiple choice theory papers
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Water-Based Exercise)
- 20 REPs points / Entry to REPs at Level 2
- 10 CIMSPA points
- Anyone over 16
- Must have experience of participating in aqua sessions
Call us on 020 3574 4794 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.