Updated on Monday 2nd November 2020
Following the Government measures to implement a national lockdown from the 4th November 2020 we can confirm that schools, universities, and colleges are not affected, and students are permitted to travel. We will continue to deliver our courses where possible and where the host venue is able to remain open.
We are aware that many of our students have questions and concerns regarding the recent government measures and how this may affect your training course.
If you are currently attending a course or if your course is due to start before the 2nd December 2020, we will be in contact with you shortly to update you on your specific course.
We are in contact with our host venues to confirm if the host venue will remain open. If a venue has decided to close, where possible we will continue the course, virtually or online.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and if any further changes are announced, we will contact you.
Please be assured that at YMCAfit, student and staff safety is paramount and that we have adopted and embedded the advice and guidelines set out by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Public Health England (PHE).
We have implemented a range of measures to ensure you and our staff remain safe in the classroom and in a physical activity environment. More information can be found here.
Full details of the YMCAfit COVID-19 Protocols can be found here: YMCAfit COVID-19 Protocols
Please monitor your emails on a regular basis to ensure you do not miss any communications we may need to send to you, at short notice
We are relying on our students to play their part in supporting us as a charity, with their commitment to completing the learning journey they have chosen to take with us.
Thank you to all our students for your support, patience and understanding during the challenges this pandemic has brought.
COVID-19 refund promise terms
If you are booked to a course and are unable to attend because -
You or a member of your immediate household are diagnosed with COVID-19
If a local lockdown prevents you from attending a course
If a local lockdown forces us to postpone your course you may transfer or cancel your booking on the following terms:
- Where you cancel in accordance with these terms, we agree to waive our usual cancellation terms (as set out in our terms and conditions).
- You may cancel for a COVID-19 reason up to the first day of the course.
- You may request a transfer for a COVID-19 reason after the first day of the course. You will be offered the option to transfer to a later date free of charge.
- You may request a cancellation for a COVID-19 reason after the first day of the course. You will be offered a refund, but unrecoverable costs will be deducted. A clear and transparent breakdown of the costs will be provided.
- The right to transfer or cancel in accordance with these terms applies to any new booking. We reserve the right to withdraw our COVID-19 Promise at any time.
- We have the right to refuse to allow you to transfer or cancel and receive a full refund where we are not reasonably satisfied that you are transferring or cancelling for a COVID-19 reason.
- A refund means a refund to your credit/debit card or bank account (depending on how payment was made originally). If a Direct Debit set up fee has been paid, this is non-refundable.
- You must notify us of your need to transfer or cancel for a COVID-19 reason in writing by email as soon as possible. At the same time, you must provide us with appropriate written official evidence, for example, the confirmation of the positive COVID-19 test result.
Please note that evidence must be provided so if you have what you believe to be COVID-19 symptoms, you must arrange and take a test as soon as possible. If there is insufficient time to take a test before the first day of the course, please call us by telephone as soon as you can. If your course has started, you will follow the guidance provided along with your confirmation email and tutor. These terms are in addition to our normal booking conditions.
If you have been advised to self-isolate or your test result is negative for COVID-19 we can offer you the opportunity to transfer to a later, where a transfer fee will be applied. The transfer fee will be set @ 20% of the advertised course fees. Evidence of the test appointment and result or instructions to self-isolate must be provided.
A transfer fee is in line with our policy to support students with a medical condition or any other exceptional circumstance and the fee is applied at the same rate detailed in the terms and conditions of your booking.
We have worked with our host venues to ensure our COVID-19 protocols align with the measures in place locally
- Smaller numbers of students in a classroom
- All venues have hand sanitisers available
- Our tutors ensure equipment is cleaned before and after use
- Where possible, separate equipment has been provided for YMCAfit students
- Staggered start times for courses to prevent overcrowding in reception areas
- All YMCAfit tutors will support you through your learning journey
Adaptations to classroom delivery and assessment are put in place, adhering to the Awarding Organisations’ COVID-19 Guidelines
If a local lockdown impacts your course, we will provide opportunities to continue your journey via virtual classrooms, where appropriate.