Strength and conditioning is a new trend to hit the fitness industry and this qualification will be an essential part of your personal training toolkit. Specialists are becoming higher in demand as the media is recognising the benefits of the scientific approaches of strength and conditioning. This course will give you the skills to help athletes reach their optimal performance. Coaches have contributed to the huge success of sport in the UK over the last few years, by enhancing athletes’ sporting performance.
The benefits of taking this course
- You'll have the potential to earn more
- You'll be able to help athletes reach their optimal performance
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- Internationally recognised qualification
This course is a mixture of practical and theory work.
Format: Classroom study
Duration: 3 days
You’ll learn plyometric training techniques that you can use to develop a client’s power, strength, speed and agility. This course will teach you the skills needed to train anyone looking to improve their fitness, musculature/body composition or sporting performance. Lessons will include:
- How to develop personalised programmes that will enhance sporting performance and reduce risk of injury.
- Key qualities of fitness and key muscle groups used in specific sporting activities.
- Strength and conditioning training techniques.
- The progressive application of strength and conditioning, including RAMP, weightlifting and plyometrics
- How to improve an individual’s speed and agility, including first step acceleration and speed maintenance.
- Developing power and strength.
- Understanding the principles of periodisation, rate of force development, supercompensation and load undulation.
Your assessment will be held over the 3 day course, where you'll be required to demonstrate that you have successfully learned the criteria.
- YMCAfit Strength and Conditioning.
- 16 points
- Level 3 in Personal Training
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.