Appropriate exercise can help to prevent and alleviate common back problems. The key is to introduce modified exercises designed to restore the natural curves of the spine while increasing core stability, mobility and function. In this gentle but strengthening workshop, you’ll learn how to use basic STOTT PILATES® exercises to strengthen and stabilise core musculature and protect the body from pain.
This is a 2-hour workshop.
- Why and how STOTT PILATES® exercise can be used in the prevention of back problems.
- To understand the STOTT PILATES® principles of stabilization and how they relate to back stability and mobility.
- Learn how to use the Pilates Edge™ for spinal support, torso stabilization,and to add variety and challenge.
- To review exercise choice and program development for developing strength.
- To explore recent research regarding lumbo-pelvic stabilisation.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
No formal qualification required, this workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates Instructors.
Sign up for notifications
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.