This unit is ideal if you are planning to work with clients who have specific problems. You will learn to customize workouts to address weaknesses, health conditions, postural problems or injuries (but not to diagnose specific injuries).
Topics covered in this lecture/practical course include:
- Approaches to rehabilitating an injured musculoskeletal system
- Anatomy and biomechanics, dysfunctions and pathologies, and exercise modifications in the: lumbo-pelvic, cervical, upper quadrant, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle and foot regions
- Pregnancy, fibromyalgia and other special conditions plus workout design
- Appropriate modification of Matwork, Reformer, Cadillac, Stability Chair and Barrel exercises
The program provides a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
You will learn
- How to apply STOTT PILATES biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises
- A complete breakdown of each exercise
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
- How to recognize optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
It is recommend that students who are going on to do other STOTT PILATES courses take this as their final course.
- 4 days (24 hours) face-to-face learning (a mixture of theory and practical)
Continuing Education Credits (CEC) 2.4 points
Deposit: fees includes a non-refundable deposit of £250
Please note: you will need to purchase student resources prior to course. Please call 020 7343 1881 for more information.
You can pay for YMCAfit courses in the following ways:
- Credit/debit card by telephone on 020 7343 1850 (option 1)
- In person at our offices during the hours 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Cheques or postal orders by post. Please make these payable to ‘YMCA Fitness Industry Training’
- Purchase order/invoice
- By fax on 0843 221 1548
Download application form
Note: postal bookings can only be confirmed once we have received the payment and a completed application form, which is signed and dated. Please do not send cash through the post.