This lecture and practical session, developed by the Merrithew™ team, explores the anatomy and biomechanics involved in a normal healthy functioning shoulder girdle region then applies these fundamentals in an effort to optimize function. Theory-based work reviews the musculoskeletal components, integrated model of joint stability and functional muscle classification system within the context of the shoulder girdle region. Participants then learn how to apply the STOTT PILATES biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to a variety of exercises and develop recognition of optimal and non-optimal movement patterns. Modifications and variations are presented using a number of small props as well as their application to individual scenarios.
This is a 2-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Exercises relevant to optimizing function of the shoulder girdle region
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing to maximize outcomes
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and corrective strategies
- Understand the integrated model of joint stability and the functional muscle classification system within the context of the shoulder girdle region.
- Review the functional anatomy of the shoulder girdle region.
What you will need to do this workshop
No formal qualification required, this workshops is open to all Fitness Professionals and Pilates Instructors.
What you will qualify with
- 0.4 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
- 4 REPS points
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.