Teaching group Pilates classes can be challenging. How do you ensure all your clients get a good workout safely in a group situation? This workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, focuses on the programming, cueing, and correction skills you need to safely progress your clients through a series of Matwork classes. Learn to keep the class moving while giving individual corrections, choose exercises that make sense in a group scenario, and offer modifications and transitions that work.
This is a two-hour workshop.
What you will learn
- Review differences between teaching privates and teaching group classes.
- Learn cueing skills, correction methods and motivational skills that work best in group situations.
- Review class plans that allow your group class to progress methodically and safely.
- Learn how to apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES® to a group class.
What you qualify with
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits (only relevant for STOTT PILATES – 0.6 required per year)
- 2 REPs points
Who can attend this workshop
No specific requirements. This workshop is open to all fitness professionals and Pilates instructors.
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.