This workshop applies the CORE™ principles and guides a distance runner through movements to improve performance by increasing efficiency. Hip and pelvic stability is tested throughout the running motion, and provides a foundation of core stability and strength from which power and endurance can be developed. With this workshop, you will understand how to apply athletic conditioning concepts to help runners meet the demands of the sport and decrease the risk of injury.
Level of difficulty
- 2 hours
On this workshop you will learn the requirements and protocols involved in distance-running training. You will leave the workshop knowing how to design an effective exercise plan, incorporating the CORE principles of STOTT PILATES.
- Determine the training protocols most appropriate for distance runners.
- Explore the fundamental CORE training principles to intelligently address common demands for this population.
- Learn how key elements of injury prevention factor into a specially designed plan.
- Discover how performance in the sport can be increased through a thoughtful and intelligently designed exercise plan.
- 0.2 Continuing Education Credits
- 2 REPs points
- Open to all fitness professionals and Pilates Instructors.
- If you do not have a related certification or degree, you can still take this course, but will receive a letter of completion rather than an instructor qualification.
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your workshop or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.