On the Kids' Fitness Play and Games course you will learn how to design effective but fun sessions for children. Sessions will incorporate movement to develop balance, coordination, body and spatial awareness, confidence and social interaction. As children get older it is important to include more complex movement patterns which will challenge their senses, fitness levels and confidence and will also educate them about the benefits of physical activity.
The benefits of taking this course
- The emphasis on freestyle teaching allows students to express their creativity and imagination confidently when delivering a class.
- You will be taught by our highly qualified and experienced tutors who tailor their delivery to suit your individual learning style.
- Work full-time or part-time.
- Work freelance delivering a number of classes a week in various settings.
This course can be taken in the following formats
- Format: A mix of classroom-based learning and home study. Have a look at the eLearning demo here.
- Duration: 4 days practical plus hand-in assessment (submitted via DVD).
Must book a minimum of 6 weeks in advance to allow enough to complete the theory learning online ready to sit the exams on the practical attendance days.
Please note: If you already have a Level 2 Anatomy and Physiology qualification, you will only need to take the practical units on this course and assessments. The price is cheaper and shown as 'practical module' in the location and dates section. We can chat more about this at the time of booking.
What you qualify with
- Identify the major bones, muscles and muscle actions of the body
- Explain the workings of the body’s cardiovascular and energy systems
- Identify the components and principles of fitness
- Relate the Health and Safety at Work Act to working with kids
- Identify good customer care and strategies for the adoption and maintenance of physical activity
- Demonstrate good personal techniques and form when teaching a session
- Plan and teach safe and effective kids’ exercise and activity sessions appropriate to their age group
- Identify the physiological changes that occur during a child’s development, and demonstrate how this will affect your planning and delivery of children’s sessions
- Identify and deliver adaptations and modifications for different conditions and abilities
How you will be assessed
- Multiple choice theory papers
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise and Physical Activity for Children)
- 20 REPs points / Entry to REPs at Level 2
- Anyone over age 16
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.