In the fitness industry, there is a growing need for nutrition experts to provide valid nutritional advice. Everyday, people are bombarded with information about diets, but it’s hard to know which advice is correct. This course will teach you the principles of healthy eating and weight management in relation to exercise - training you to become a nutrition expert.
The benefits of taking this course
- You'll be able to offer nutrition advice as part of your service
- You'll have the potential to earn more
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- Internationally recognised qualification
This course is a theory only and you can choose to study at home via our eLearning website or within a classroom.
Format: Choose from classroom or home study*
Duration: 3 days
*If you’re choosing to learn from home, you’ll need to book your course at least 6 weeks in advance.
Exercise Nutrition is a valuable addition to your portfolio as an instruct, with healthy eating being a fundamental part of fitness training. With the skills you'll learn on this course, you'll be able to provide clients with advice about healthy eating and weight management. Lessons will include:
- The components of a balanced diet
- Nutritional guidelines for fitness clients
- Weight management advice for fitness clients
- How to evaluate and understand the diet industry, specific diets and their impact on weight management
- How to interpret food labels and evaluate claims made by food manufacturers.
If you're choosing to study from home via our eLearning website, you will sit the exams on the practical days of the course.
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Case study
- Knowledge question worksheets
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity*
*This module will not qualify you as a nutritionist. To be called a nutritionist you must have a degree level qualification in nutrition as required by the British Nutrition Foundation and British Dietetic Association.
- 16 points
- Level 2 Aqua, Exercise to Music, Gym or Kids' Instructor
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.