The Diploma in Exercise Referral teaches you to use exercise as a tool to get client’s lives back on track after an illness and improve their wellbeing. With the growing number of referral schemes from GPs, local authorities and the private sector, this specialism is not only high in demand, but highly rewarding and profitable. This course will train you to adapt and deliver exercise and healthy eating programmes for different health conditions. You will become an expert in the exercise referral process, while also learning about the UK health care system.
The benefits of taking this course
- You'll adapt your routines for a broader client base
- You'll have the potential to earn more
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- Internationally recognised qualification
This course is a mixture of practical and theory work and will give you the necessary skills to understand and help combat the conditions of your clients.
Format: Classroom-based study
Duration: 6 days
Exercise Referral is a fantastic career progression for instructors and is especially valuable for Personal Trainers, Yoga and Pilates Instructors. On this course, you’ll learn how to use the skills and knowledge gained from your chosen discipline (for example, Personal Training, Exercise to Music or Yoga) to help clients with a wide range of common medical conditions using exercise strategies. Lessons will include:
- How to apply appropriate exercise strategies to different medical conditions.
- Understanding a range of common medical conditions and how they affect exercise. Common medical conditions include: Asthma, Diabetes (Type 1 and 2) Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoporosis, Obesity, Depression and Stress.
- The current health care system in the UK and the referral process, including referrals to other professionals.
- How to apply the principles of healthy eating to a range of medical conditions.
- How to communicate with and support clients effectively.
- Adapting and delivering exercise plans for a range of medical conditions.
There are 2 assessment days, with a mixture of theory and practical work.
- Medical condition information sheets
- Case study and verbal assessment
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- 20 points
At least 30 hours of teaching experience and one of the following:
- Level 2 Gym or Exercise to Music with Level 3 Exercise Nutrition and Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
- Level 3 Yoga or Pilates with Level 3 Exercise Nutrition
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
Save up to £375 on Anatomy and Physiology and Exercise Nutrition
- If you haven’t completed the Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology theory, we’ll give you a special price of £100.
- Or, for both Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology and Level 3 Exercise Nutrition we’ll give a discounted price of £250.
Both offers are available if booked at the same time as the Diploma in Exercise Referral.
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.
If you are over 19, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan that could help cover the cost of the course. Find out if you are eligible.
When you book your course with an Advanced Learner Loan, you'll need to pay a deposit of £125. The deposit is refunded on receipt of full funding. If eligible, you will receive funding for the full price of your course.