This course will give you the skills to strengthen your clients' core, improve their balance and overall fitness ability. Core Stability is a challenging programme that is aimed to strengthen the muscles around the back and abdomen, improving overall body movement. You can enhance your sessions with equipment and adapt them for individual goals and abilities.
The benefits of taking this course
- You'll be able to offer an exercise that is vital for athletes
- You'll be able to incorporate exciting new exercises into your classes
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- Internationally recognised qualification
This intensive course is a mixture of theory and practical work.
Format: Classroom-based study
Duration: 1 day
Core Stability is an excellent addition to an instructor's portfolio as you will be able to train clients to control and strengthen their core muscles for dynamic exercises. With strong core muscles being a must-have for an athlete's physique, the skills to help clients build these muscles are extremely valuable. Taking you through how to design exciting and challenging workouts, this course will teach you how to incorporate floor-based exercises and equipment into your routines. Lessons will include:
- Technique and alignment
- How to improve a student’s observation skills
- How to correct a student with and without hands on correction
- How to use Core Stability equipment such as BOSU, foam rollers and stability balls
- How to adapt classes for individuals and groups.
- YMCA Awards Core Stability
- 4 points
- No assessment, but full participation is required to receive certificate of attendance.
- Level 2 Aqua, ETM, Gym or Kids' Instructor
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.