Learn how to motivate clients into tackling their issues and becoming more active. Most people in the UK are not taking the recommended amount of physical activity and their health and wellbeing is suffering. Dr Tim Anstiss - an experienced trainer, coach, author and speaker - has developed a course that will give you the skills to identify and fix issues holding people back from exercising. Not only will you motivate clients to become more active, but you’ll completely change their lifestyle too. With a focus on motivational interviewing, behaviour change theory and the emerging classification system of behaviour change techniques, you will be given the tools to change the way your clients think about their health.
The benefits of taking this course
- You'll understand how to motivate clients
- Unique accompaniment to a fitness training portfolio
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
- Internationally recognised qualification
This course is also part of the Advanced Diploma in Personal Training.
- Format: Classroom-based learning and home study
- Duration: 1 day*
*This is a 1 day module followed by an 8 week online course. The online part is designed to enhance your skills and confidence in practising the techniques you learned in the classroom.
With this 1 day course, you can help less active people discover and strengthen their own reasons for becoming more active. Using effective conversation techniques, you will build clients’ confidence by encouraging them to be successful. You will also be given health coaching skills that will help people with weight loss, stopping smoking, changing drinking habits and other lifestyle changes. Lessons include:
- 12 different behaviour change techniques
- Approaches and principles of motivational interviewing
- Open questioning, affirmation and reflection skills
- How to describe empathy and its importance
- Online theory tasks
- YMCAfit Behaviour Change Certificate
- 10 CIMSPA points
This course is aimed at fitness professionals, but there are no specific requirements.
Call us on 0844 417 2349 to book your course or fill out our request a call back form.
We accept debit or credit cards over the phone or in person at our London head office. Our office is open 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday. This course will need to be paid in full.